Would you believe that it’s very common for house pets to start fires when no one is home? According to the National Fire Protection Association homeowners’ pets cause around 1000 fires in U.S homes each year accidentally. The AKC has offered the following tips to help you avoid becoming one of those tragedies:

-Don’t leave your pets unattended with open flames around like candles, cooking appliances, or a lit fireplace.

-Remove the knobs from your stove if you’re going to allow your pet to roam free in your house when you’re gone. The stove or cooktop is the most likely place for your pet to start a fire.

-Flameless candles are a great substitute for open flame candles. Cats often knock over candles with their tales and start fires.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *